Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hog Heaven

Hello and welcome to September.  I can feel it in the air, well after today when it gets to the 80's.  It should be the last of the 100 plus days.  The weatherman says it.  So that should be gospel in TV land.

I remember when fall came  while our daughters were growing up.  Fall  meant kids starting back to school and a schedule of sorts. Fall sports of Volleyball and Football and the ending of the baseball series. Of course the grass slowing down in it's growing and less mowing for us and we get to put up our fall decorations of the colors of oranges, reds and yellows.   I may have been the only mother in the world that enjoyed the freedom of the summer and no set schedule, but I bet not.

I have discovered this group called---get this-Gilded Girls Stash Society.   Isn't that a great name for us Stashers ?   I need to take pics of the goodies you get once a month. Everyone needs more stash to play with don't we ?  So it was to die for and I hope they aren't like some of my other wonderful treasures, to pretty to use but I am going to try.  The beautiful laces, that I am a sucker for, and fabric and just findings in general.  It is a tad pricey but you know trying to find them on the Internet or even shock upon shock actually going in the automobile and hunting for them in the stores.   I do remember one day our beautiful daughter Debra came to see me one day, she lived in another town and was a second grade teacher.  She had this big sack of lace for me.  I don't know where she got it but there were yards of it and she wanted me to have it to play with.  So of course I had to use it and create.  I just found the box that it was stored in and was in hog heaven.  Guess it doesn't take much to make me feel like I am in hog heaven.

This month I was sent in a pretty glass vile some beads and findings for making jewelry.  I have never in my whole life made jewelry like this.  I did use to do beading in the 70's, it was fun and I gave away a bunch of it.  No one seemed to mind to receive it.  I even made toe rings for our daughters.  They had toe rings on when they went bare footed.  Pretty cute.

So Annette you say, quit teasing us and let us see what you did.   Well, you asked.  It is not perfect as it is the first piece I have created but certainly not the last.  It has  the beautiful fall colors that redheads can wear with ease but the rest of us wear it also.


Be sure and remember to double click on the pics and then you can really see them. 



A close up of the beautiful vintage glass flower that I put together.  I was so excited that I didn't break it. 


A side view of the glass tulip and the other pretty crystal bead.


Another view but with some of the pretty greenish beads.  There were little chains that I took apart and everything.  I felt like I worked at Tiffany's jewelry . Well not really but did feel pretty good about it.  I put it together while watching the Texas Rangers play ball.


The completed necklace.  Now I didn't design this beauty.  Shea did one of the owners of the Gilded Girls, she and her mother.  A couple of talented ladies.   I feel like jewelry design and making is certainly an art.  So many types of art out there isn't there?

There you go my fun little project and what is going on in my world.   Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world.

2 comments:

  1. Annette your necklace is gorgeous, loving the beautiful beads and flower. You will look fab in this terrific piece. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette love this u are so clever and im certain there is nothing u cannot do my friend ....

    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.