Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Taffeta skirt

Sometimes you just feel like swishing and swirling with your colors and your brushes.   You know like when you would wear a taffeta skirt and it made the swishie noise when you walked.  You either hated it or thought here I come world watch out.   This is what this little painting made me feel like when I painted it.  The colors and just the shapes were fun and I culd have been wearing that taffeta skirt when I was painting it.  It felt that good.  Now I am sorry to the guys reading this, I now you never wore a skirt that gave you confidence like that but I am sure you had a shirt or some new tennis shoes or that one special thing you wore that made you feel pretty good or to use an old word ~ Dapper. 




I know this is a little different from what I usually paint but just had to throw some spice in here every once in a while.   Please enjoy the colors and the movenment.  

Thanks for stopping in Annette's world today and seeing what is going on.

7 comments:

  1. Loved all the colors and sense of movement of the painting!
    Great job Annette!

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colorful, bright and beautiful! I remember when we wore swishy skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Franz and Jane, yall deserve a star in my book for keeping up with my blog. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great explanation , it perfectly gives the idea of your state of mind, and I looove this painting, it is just fabulous with all these very bold colors and the movement. Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jane, glad you like it, sometimes I get wild with my colors and sometimes not. Can you just hear the swishing of the skirt in this painting. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fabulous and do I ever love the story behind it. Yes, I do remember that feeling as well as wearing a tafetta skirt. Bravo, Hug, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm rustling taffeta, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.