Sunday, June 6, 2010

We can change our hair color--why not our fireplace colors?

When we were watching HGTV, what a wonderful network by the way, they were staining a fireplace.  I thought why not do ours?   Eldon has always hated the color of the tile and I told him we cannot add more woodwork until he is happy with the tile.  I just didn't want to spend a fortune to remedy the problem.   We went to Lowes and bought a couple of wood stains and practiced on an extra tile we had and lo and behold we came up with a color we both liked. 

Well then the job was done, didn't take a fortune and looks pretty good even if I do say my self.   Here are the before and afters.  


Here you go, the tile was a drab grey. 



Now it is a nice warm color and goes with the sofa and the tad of warm color in the rug we have down.  

Simple fix with regular wood stain, this was two coats and looks great.   Thanks HGTV.

  Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world.  You never know.  Have a good day  my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.