Saturday, October 5, 2013

Just keeping on keeping on

Just keeping on keeping on, love that saying.   I know the months of the year do that.   They just float into our lives and float out.  You think yikes where in the world did that month go?   The changing of the seasons  is Mother Natures way of reminding us that they just keep on keeping on.
                                                                                                                                               
 You know I love the changing of the seasons, each one has it's own little personality. You  look forward to each and every one but then glad when they are over and looking to the next season to float into our lives.   So welcome Fall and all of your beautiful colors you share        with us.                                                                                                                                                         
 
Sometimes in my art I feel the same way, I don't know about y'all.   When I start a new art    piece I love the blankness of the canvas or page.  Here is like a new beginning and just love  seeing what will develop.     What story is waiting to be unveiled and what colors will emerge on it.   Even when I do my crazy quilting I never plan what I am going to do.   Oh I start with an image but then off it goes to develop how it wants to be.   The same way with my faeries     when I create them.                                                                                                                                   
 
 
I start with the eyes and then start playing with them and seeing what colors they want to     be.  Yes I talk about them like they are real and have their own personalities.                               
 
 
This sweetie was taken from a photograph of a dear friends granddaughter.  I did another    one of her but think she is hiding on the computer somewhere.   You know how the                computers do-hide things from us.    She normally doesn't wear bangs but this one wanted   bangs so bangs she got.   I do their faces in pastels and seems to make their faces so smooth and delicate. Then "Katie bar the door" on whatever else I use on the background and            sometimes the hair.   Lots of drips and splats and fancy curly queues and whatever else         develops.                                                                                                                                                                   
 
Now case in point , this little faerie didn't want to be painted.   You know how it goes sometimes when you start drawing  an art piece, nothing goes right about it.   So I erased her face and  so the bottom of the stack she went.   Well the other day I pulled her out and she just went together so well and colors just danced on the page.  Some of the colors I haven't used before but she went together like she was suppose to.
                                                                                                                   
 
Now if I hadn't of done the keeping on keeping on she would not have been created.   So that is my story and I am sticking to it.
 
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what is going on in my world today.
Happy Fall Y'all
 
XOXOXO
Annette

7 comments:

  1. both beautiful paintings Annette, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good she finally wanted to be painted , she did come out beautiful, and really love that bluish /purple color ...just like the eyes of Elisabeth Taylor...or at least that is what 'they' said :-) Two gorgeous works my friend. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jane and I hope you got my email back. Glad you like the color of this one. It was fun. xo

      Delete
  3. glad to see your other beauty coming out! Your fairies are sooo gorgeous Annette! You are such a sweet and talented lady- and I am glad to also call you my friend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear Jackie. Glad you like them they are so fun to do. funny I thought I had posted another one sort of step by step and she is waiting in the sidelines. Oh well another day to post. LOL Back at ya my friend.
      oxox

      Delete

Thank you for browsing on my blog and taking the time to post. You know how we love the comments they mean a lot to me Hugs to all and thanks for being here. xo. I am sorry for right now I am having to monitor the comments, seems like a spammer has visited here. have a good day.